Telling my troubles to the horses head on the wall.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Is it wrong?

Is it wrong to be exited that I am a whole size smaller than I thought? I mean sure its New York and Company and their clothes run big, but still... I fit into (and purchased) a size 4 today. I am reasonably sure that there is no reason to be happy about this but the three magazines I got in the mail today tell me differently. The cover of SELF is offering me secrets to lose 8 pounds and reach my "dream weight". If I lost another 8 pounds I might fit into a size 2 (again only at NY and Co) would that actually make me happier? I don't think so. Still I can't deny that I feel more confident since I lost the weight that I gained earlier this year. Weight that I gained as a response to the death of my grandmother and the stress of losing my job. I have spent the summer resurrecting clothes from the back of my closet. It's been like getting a whole new wardrobe, which has been kind of cool. Even better, has been how I have felt in my clothes. I feel confident and sexy. I am by no means skinny. Nor would I really want to be even though it would mean that I might look better in photographs. I like being curvy. I love my breasts and that my waist though not as defined as I would like still creates a look that tricks the eye into believing that I have hips. I don't really have hips or an ass but thats okay, because I have boobs. Everybody likes boobs. Even people who say that they don't, really do. So here I am fitting into a size 4 pair of pants and feeling pretty good about it, but still not really knowing why. Except that I like it when I look good in clothes that I own and I like feeling sexy and attractive. So that's it, and to be fair I also bought a pair of pants in size 6 and feel cute in those too.

No comments: