Telling my troubles to the horses head on the wall.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Upon waking from a fight



I didn't fall asleep till 6 
and now I'm up at 9. 
I'd like to tell you that I wept, 
but I'm too tired to cry.

I am not a meal served
 by the ringing of a bell.
No, I am just a woman 
who stumbled thrice and fell.

I cheated on your treasured trust
broke your heart, left you betrayed
this I fear will never heal
and is the cause of our dismay

I do not know I can repent
much more for what I've done
so please will you stop punishing me?
by taking away your love

I told you and I've shown you
that i have grown and changed
yet we are both held hostage
to thoughts you know deranged

now that the past has gone away
and the future lies ahead
it should matter no more what I wear
than the curls on my head

my heart is yours (you know that's true)
but my body and my mind
are something that belong to me
and I keep them with pride

No comments: